Pick 5 numbers out of 69. You also choose 1 Power Ball number out of 26. See if your numbers match the numbers selected at the next drawing.
Search Past Numbers
How to Play
- Pick five (5) numbers out of the field of sixty-nine (69) numbers.
- Pick one (1) number, (your POWERBALL® number), out of the field of twenty-six (26) numbers.
- Multiply your non-jackpot prizes choosing the Power Play® option. To play Power Play® mark the box Yes. Power Play® wagers must be equal to the POWERBALL® wager on bet slip. Selecting Power Play® adds $1 for each wager.
- You may play the same numbers for more than one drawing. Mark the appropriate box for number of consecutive draws.
- Give the completed betting slip to an ON-LINE Lottery Sales Agent.
- The Sales Agent will give you a separate ticket as your receipt. IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR TICKET! BE SURE IT REPRESENTS THE NUMBERS AND DRAWINGS THAT YOU WANTED TO PLAY, AS IT IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF PLAYING THESE NUMBERS.
- The Lottery suggests, for your own protection, that you sign the back of your ticket to identify ownership. NOTE: Hand mark only with blue ink or pencil.
How to Win*
|5||+||1||1 in 292,201,338.00*||JACKPOT|
|5||1 in 11,688,053.52||$1,000,000|
|4||+||1||1 in 913,129.18||$50,000|
|4||1 in 36,525.16||$100|
|3||+||1||1 in 14,494.11||$100|
|3||1 in 579.76||$7|
|2||+||1||1 in 701.32||$7|
|1||+||1||1 in 91.97||$4|
|0||+||1||1 in 38.32||$4|
* Overall odds are 1 in 24.8671
* Prizes based on a $2 wager.
* The jackpot will be divided evenly among winners.
The Power Play option costs an additional $1 per play
|Match||$2 Powerball||With Powerplay|
|5 of 69 +
1 of 26
|5 of 69
|4 of 69 +
1 of 26
|4 of 69
|3 of 69 +
1 of 26
|3 of 69
|2 of 69 +
1 of 26
|1 of 69 +
1 of 26
|0 of 69 +
1 of 26
* Prizes $1 Million and over are subject to Powerball rules relating to pari-mutuel payments
* Powerplay does not apply to the jackpot.
- By placing a POWERBALL® bet, bettors agree to abide by Massachusetts State Lottery Commission Rules and Regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery directly at 150 Mount Vernon Street., Dorchester, MA 02125-3573.
- Bets are not effective until accepted by the Lottery's on-line computer processing system prior to the drawing of the winning numbers and in accordance with Lottery rules. Bettors acknowledge that on-line Lottery sales agents are acting on behalf of the bettors in entering bets into the Lottery's on-line computer processing system. The liability of the Lottery and Lottery's on-line Sales Agents whether arising through breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise, is limited to a refund of the amount wagered if the bet(s) is (are) not accepted by the Lottery's on-line Computer Processing System, or if betting slips are marked incorrectly, entered incorrectly into the system, or are otherwise invalid. The placing of POWERBALL® bets is done at the player's own risk through the on-line Lottery Sales Agent who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the bet(s) into the Lottery's on-line Computer Processing System.
- By placing a POWERBALL® bet, bettors agree, as their sole and exclusive remedy, that claims arising out of the participation in the game shall be pursued only against the state where the ticket was purchased or was attempted to be purchased.
- Approximately 50% of the amount of money wagered on each drawing goes into the prize pool.
- All Prizes are based on a $2.00 wager.
- In some cases, prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than published prize levels. Refer to the official game rules for a detailed explanation of the optional pari-mutuel prize payment.
- Jackpot Payment Options Jackpot winners have 60 days beginning the day after the winning numbers were drawn to select a payment option. An Annuity Option means winners can choose to be paid in 30 graduated annuity payments made over a twenty-nine (29) year period. A Cash Option means winners can choose a one-time cash payment which will be (approximately) the cost of the annuity divided by the number of winning tickets. Note: If a winner fails to claim the jackpot and select a jackpot payment option within 60 days, the prize will be automatically paid as an annuity. All prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.
- To order a Season Ticket, please call 1-781-519-7244 Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Only Mass Cash and Megabucks Doubler Season Tickets may be mailed to addresses outside of Massachusetts. A $13 shipping fee will be added to the total purchase cost for Season Tickets mailed out of state. A service fee of approximately 2.4% will be added to your total purchase cost.
Forms of payment:
Effective March 1, 2012 American Express will no longer allow their credit card holders to purchase Season Tickets using their American Express credit cards.
- For questions about a current Massachusetts Lottery Season Ticket, please call 1-800-222-8587 Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Powerball Arrives in Massachusetts On January 31, 2010, following a historic cross-selling agreement between Mega Millions and Powerball states, the Massachusetts Lottery began selling Powerball tickets at retailers across the Commonwealth. Massachusetts sold its first Powerball ticket on January 31 at 5:01 a.m. at D&R Market on Foster Street in Peabody.
Jackpot Wins in Massachusetts Since the game was introduced to Bay State players in January 2010, there have been four Powerball jackpot wins in the state. Mavis Wanczyk of Chicopee won a $758.7 million jackpot in the August 23, 2017 drawing, at that time the largest jackpot ever won on a single ticket in U.S. lottery history. Maureen and Stephen Hinckley, a married couple from Sterling, hit a $61.45 million jackpot in the December 11, 2013 Powerball drawing. On December 12, 2012, Rosa DeLeon of Arlington and Reginald LeBlanc of Lexington, coworkers at Costco, won a $50 million jackpot. And, on June 8, 2011, James “Jimmy” Freeman, a retired U.S. Navy civilian worker from Fall River, came forward to claim his jackpot just several hours after learning he won the $25.6 million prize.
Powerball® Enriched: Starting Jackpots Double to $40 Million
In January 2012, Powerball® was redesigned to bring even more excitement and value to its players. Jackpots in the multi-state game now start at $40 million and grow faster overall. There are more chances to win a prize of at least $1 million cash and the overall odds of winning any prize in the game are also better. Beginning with the January 15, 2012 drawing, game tickets increased from $1 to $2 per wager.
The Power Play® add-on feature is also available for an extra $1 per play. For that extra $1, players have the chance to multiply their prize by as much as ten times. Just before each Powerball drawing, a multiplier number (2X, 3X, 4X, 5X and 10X) is randomly drawn. If a player purchased the Power Play option for an extra $1 per play, that randomly selected number is used to multiply any prizes won, with the exception the JACKPOT and the Match 5 prize (which increases from $1 million to a set $2 million with Power Play).
Powerball with Powerplay gets bigger!October 4, 2015 - The multi-state Powerball lottery game changed the matrix which is designed to produce larger jackpots and add more winning experiences. In the new matrix, players will select 5 out of 69 white-ball numbers and 1 of 26 Powerball numbers. The overall odds of winning a prize in the game improves from 1 in 31.8 to 1 in 24.9.