Pick 5 numbers out of 59. You also choose 1 Power Ball number out of 35. See if your numbers match the numbers selected at the next drawing.
Where to Play
Find a location to play Lottery Games.
Enter your ZIP code:
|Draw #||Date||Winning #||Powerball||Jackpot Amount||Jackpot Winners||Where sold||Video|
Search Past Numbers
How to Play
- Pick five (5) numbers out of the field of fifty-nine (59) numbers.
- Pick one (1) number, (your POWERBALL® number), out of the field of thirty-five (35) numbers.
- Multiply your non-jackpot prizes choosing the Power Play® option. To play Power Play® mark the box Yes. Power Play® wagers must be equal to the POWERBALL® wager on bet slip. Selecting Power Play® adds $1 for each wager.
- You may play the same numbers for more than one drawing. Mark the appropriate box for number of consecutive draws.
- Give the completed betting slip to an ON-LINE Lottery Sales Agent.
- The Sales Agent will give you a separate ticket as your receipt. IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR TICKET! BE SURE IT REPRESENTS THE NUMBERS AND DRAWINGS THAT YOU WANTED TO PLAY, AS IT IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF PLAYING THESE NUMBERS.
- The Lottery suggests, for your own protection, that you sign the back of your ticket to identify ownership. NOTE: Hand mark only with blue ink or pencil.
How to Win*
|5||+||1||1 in 175,223,510*||JACKPOT|
|5||1 in 5,153,632.65||$1,000,000|
|4||+||1||1 in 648,975.96||$10,000|
|4||1 in 19,087.53||$100|
|3||+||1||1 in 12,244.83||$100|
|3||1 in 360.14||$7|
|2||+||1||1 in 706.43||$7|
|1||+||1||1 in 110.81||$4|
|0||+||1||1 in 55.41||$4|
* Overall odds are 1 in 31.8464.
* Prizes based on a $2 wager.
* The jackpot will be divided evenly among winners.
The Power Play option costs an additional $1 per play
|Match||$2 Powerball||With Powerplay|
|5 of 59 + 1 of 35||JACKPOT||N/A*|
|5 of 59||$1,000,000||$2,000,000|
|4 of 59 + 1 of 35||$10,000||$40,000|
|4 of 59||$100||$200|
|3 of 59 + 1 of 35||$100||$200|
|3 of 59||$7||$14|
|2 of 59 + 1 of 35||$7||$14|
|1 of 59 + 1 of 35||$4||$12|
|0 of 59 + 1 of 35||$4||$12|
* $1 Million prizes are subject to Powerball rules
relating to pari-mutuel payments
* Powerplay does not apply to the jackpot.
- By placing a POWERBALL® bet, bettors agree to abide by Massachusetts State Lottery Commission Rules and Regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery directly at 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
- Bets are not effective until accepted by the Lottery's on-line computer processing system prior to the drawing of the winning numbers and in accordance with Lottery rules. Bettors acknowledge that on-line Lottery sales agents are acting on behalf of the bettors in entering bets into the Lottery's on-line computer processing system. The liability of the Lottery and Lottery's on-line Sales Agents whether arising through breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise, is limited to a refund of the amount wagered if the bet(s) is (are) not accepted by the Lottery's on-line Computer Processing System, or if betting slips are marked incorrectly, entered incorrectly into the system, or are otherwise invalid. The placing of POWERBALL® bets is done at the player's own risk through the on-line Lottery Sales Agent who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the bet(s) into the Lottery's on-line Computer Processing System.
- By placing a POWERBALL® bet, bettors agree, as their sole and exclusive remedy, that claims arising out of the participation in the game shall be pursued only against the state where the ticket was purchased or was attempted to be purchased.
- Approximately 50% of the amount of money wagered on each drawing goes into the prize pool.
- All Prizes are based on a $2.00 wager.
- In some cases, prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than published prize levels. Refer to the official game rules for a detailed explanation of the optional pari-mutuel prize payment.
- Jackpot Payment Options Jackpot winners have 60 days beginning the day after the winning numbers were drawn to select a payment option. An Annuity Option means winners can choose to be paid in 30 graduated annuity payments made over a twenty-nine (29) year period. A Cash Option means winners can choose a one-time cash payment which will be (approximately) the cost of the annuity divided by the number of winning tickets. Note: If a winner fails to claim the jackpot and select a jackpot payment option within 60 days, the prize will be automatically paid as an annuity. All prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.
Order Season Tickets now for your favorite game by calling 1 (800) 222-8587 or visiting your local Lottery agent.
Powerball Arrives in Massachusetts As part of the largest agreement in U.S. lottery history, the Massachusetts State Lottery began selling tickets for the multi-state high jackpot game Powerball at its 7,500 agents across the Commonwealth on Sunday, January 31, 2010.
Larger Jackpots Jackpots for Powerball often exceed $100 million and have approached $400 million. Since the inception of the game Powerball has raised billions for education, public safety and other essential municipal services throughout the U.S.
Powerball® Enriched: Starting Jackpots Double to $40 Million As Powerball® kicks off 2012, the game has been redesigned to bring more value to its players. Jackpots will start at $40 million and grow faster overall. There will be more chances to win a prize of at least $1 million cash and the overall odds of winning any prize in the game also will be better. The enriched Powerball game began Jan. 15 2012. Tickets in the game will cost $2 and the Power Play® feature will still be available for an extra $1 per play. For that extra $1, players have the chance to win $2 million cash for the match 5 prize; that is improved from $1 million.