Choose the number you wish to play using the section of the slip labeled PICK YOUR NUMBER. Mark a horizontal line over the number you choose in each column. You may also let the Lottery computer choose your numbers by asking for a Quic Pic.
Midday Betting Pools Close: 12:45 p.m.
Mid-Day Numbers Aired: Sunday to Saturday 12:55 p.m.
Evening Betting Pools Close: Sunday: 6:45 p.m. Monday to Saturday: 7:45 p.m.
Evening Numbers Aired: Sunday 6:57 p.m., Monday to Saturday 7:57 p.m.
|Draw #||Date||Winning #||Ext4||Ext3||Ext2||Ext1||Any4||First 3 Any||Last 3 Any||Draw Type||Draw Video|
Search Past Numbers
How to Play
- Choose the number you wish to play using the section of the slip labeled PICK YOUR NUMBER. Mark a horizontal line over the number you choose in each column. You may also let the Lottery computer choose your numbers by asking for a Quic Pic.
- Indicate the type of bet(s) you wish to make in the section labeled MARK YOUR BETS. Mark a horizontal line to indicate the amount you wish to bet. Mark as many columns as you wish, but use only one amount box per column.
- Select the time of draw and the number of draws you wish to play by using the sections labeled SELECT TIME OF DRAW and CHOOSE NUMBER OF DRAWS. Mark a horizontal line in the box corresponding to the number of draws and draw times you wish to play. Drawings take place twice a day at MID-DAY and EVENING. Your bet will be active for the time(s) and number of draws you have marked. For more information about the MID-DAY Numbers drawing click here!
- Give the completed betting slip to an on-line Lottery Sales Agent. The Sales Agent will give you a ticket as your receipt. IMPORTANT - CHECK YOUR TICKET! BE SURE IT REPRESENTS DESIRED BET(S) AS IT IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF BET(S) PLACED.
- The Lottery suggests for your own protection that you sign the back of the ticket to identify ownership
How to Win
|1||1 in 10|
|2||1 in 100|
|3 Exact||1 in 1,000|
|4 Exact||1 in 10,000|
|3 Any- no duplicates||1 in 166.7|
|3 Any- 2 digits the same||122||1 in 333.3|
|4 Any- no duplicates||1 in 416.7|
|4 Any- 2 digits the same||1224||1 in 833.3|
|4 Any- 2 pair||2244||1 in 1,666.7|
|4 Any- 3 digits the same||3334||1 in 2,500|
- By placing a NUMBERS GAME bet, bettors agree to abide by Massachusetts State Lottery Commission Rules and Regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery at 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
- Bets are not effective until accepted by the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system prior to the drawing of the winning number and in accordance with Lottery rules. Bettors acknowledge that on-line Lottery sales agents are acting on behalf of the bettors in entering bets into the Lottery’s on-line computer processing system.
- The liability of the Lottery and the Lottery’s on-line Sales Agent, whether arising through breach of contract, negligence, or otherwise, is limited to a refund of the amount wagered if the bet(s) is (are) not accepted by the Lottery’s on-line Computer Processing System, or if bet slips are marked incorrectly, entered incorrectly into the system, or are otherwise invalid. The placing of Numbers Game bets is done at the player's own risk through the on-line Lottery Sales Agent who is acting on behalf of the player in entering the Bet(s) into the Lotterys on-line Computer Processing System.
- Payoff amounts are calculated on a pari-mutuel basis from a prize pool equal to 63% of the total amount bet that draw. (60% before 9/10/06) Payoffs vary from draw to draw depending on the number of winning bets.
- All Prizes are based on a $1.00 wager.
- All winnings must be claimed within one (1) year of the drawing date.
- Your ticket is a bearer instrument. Unless signed by owner, prize may be claimed by anyone in possession of winning ticket. SIGN YOUR TICKET IMMEDIATELY. Bettors agree to abide by Lottery Commission rules and regulations. Applicable rules are available for inspection by bettors by contacting the Lottery Commission at 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
Order Season Tickets now for your favorite game by calling 1 (800) 222-8587 or visiting your local Lottery agent.
Older and wiser The Numbers Game is the oldest game still offered by the Massachusetts Lottery. The first drawing was on April 10, 1976. Originally designed to compete with the illegal numbers game, the Lottery’s Numbers Game gives players an opportunity to select their numbers, the type of bet, the length of time and dollar amount (beginning at $.25) they would like to play.
Before the technology age For the first five years of the game, the Lottery employed an offline system, which required a network of couriers to pick up betting slips daily from nearly 1,800 locations across the state. These slips were then delivered to Lottery headquarters in Braintree for microfilming and recording.
The current game In 1981, that process stopped when the Lottery acquired the most sophisticated computer betting terminals on the market at that time. These terminals were replaced in 1997. Today, players can place bets right up until shortly before the 12:55 p.m. mid-day or the 7:57 p.m. evening drawings.